[medusa] Re: tweaks to asyn{core,chat}.py

Robin Becker robin@j...
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:37:33 +0000

In article <14389.14031.176921.629212@s...>, Sam
Rushing <rushing@e...> writes
>I've been trying to tighten up the async modules a bit to fight an
>effect that shows up with lots of concurrent connections (>500).
>
>I've made some notes:
>
> http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/async_tweaks.html
>
>I think the changes are a win, so I'll be checking in this code over
>the next day or so. If anyone out there is violating the
>asyncore.socket_map abstraction (relying on the way the dictionary is
>used) or sees a problem I've missed, please let me know.
>
>I think the only code in medusa that cares is the stuff in http_server
>that kills zombie connections. Zope may have done something similar
>with the ftp server?
>
>-Sam

I've been looking at how zombies are handled in Zope. seems that zope
has an zhttp_channel analogous to http_channel; it has the zombie stuff,
but without the maintainance thing so the kill_zombies method doesn't
seem to get called. I noticed that ftp_server doesn't have a zombie
timeout is there an obvious reason why not?
--
Robin Becker