[medusa] select, signals, and "interrupted system call" (EINTR)

Jim Fulton jim@d...
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 14:10:42 -0400

Sam Rushing wrote:

> Jim Fulton writes:
> > The asyncore main loop should check for this error in it's select
> > call and the select module should make this error easier to check
> > for.
>
> It might go better into the event_loop function, which I think of as a
> more user-serviceable part. [for example, the default loop vs. the
> one in medusa/event_loop.py that supports schedulable events]

Don't you think anyone using select on Unix would want this?
This isn't really an application-specific thing is it?

> > I presume that this works in Python 1.6/2.0, but I
> > haven't tried it yet?
> >
> > This depends on the structure of select.error values
> > and requires that we get EINTR from somewhere. (What
> > should the value be on NT?)
>
> If it's a big problem, I guess we could use a different default
> event_loop() function for win32 vs. unix.

Or we could put this in the poll function and reraise the error on
NT, as my change does.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton mailto:jim@d... Python Powered!
Technical Director (888) 344-4332 http://www.python.org

permission. Violation of my privacy with advertising or SPAM will
repeats.