How to use the Medusa Monitor Server ???

Weiss Blitz weissblitz@y...
Sun, 04 Mar 2001 15:50:01 -0000

Can anybody shed some light about how to use the Monitor Server to
check and/or update a Medusa server with new code?

I'm running Medusa HTTP,FTP and Monitor Servers on an W2k machine.
I can login into the monitor server and get the regular Python
interpreter prompt:

python (my-ip) 8899

Enter Password: secret
Python 2.0 (#8, Oct 19 2000, 11:30:05) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
Copyright (c) 2000 ActiveState Tool Corp.

Copyright (c) 2000
All Rights Reserved.

Copyright (c) 1995-2000 Corporation for National Research Initiatives.
All Rights Reserved.

Copyright (c) 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam.
All Rights Reserved.
Welcome to <secure_monitor_channel connected at
>>> dir()
>>> print dir()
['_', '__builtins__']

Seems I'm not getting much here besides a virgin Python interpreter.
How can I see my Medusa namespace?
Do I have to run Medusa differenly?

For example, let say I made some changes to the FTP server and now I
want to reload that code without stoping/starting the whole Medusa

Carlos :)

BTW: Thanks to Sam and Guido and all others who made Medusa and
Python possible! Python/Medusa rocks! :)