Blindshot: C-Python-extension thread problems under bobo_handler 1.03

spex66@y... spex66@y...
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:00:29 -0000

Hi,

strange things happend and exceeded my knowledge... so a short

(1) Python module with import a c-python-extension (made with SWIG,
target is database called Gigabase)

(2) Test module "mbase" for publishing has objects w/ methods which
throws HTML in return

(3) Testing this module "mbase" in python interpreter works fine...
database-accesses are correct

(4) start_my_medusa with folowing snippet:

# ==============================================================
# BOBO Handler
# ==============================================================
import bobo_handler
import mbase
bfh = bobo_handler.bobo_handler(mbase,
debug=1)
hs.install_handler(bfh)

(5) same access at database went now down into a core-dump. And the
only hint that I have is that a start of a transaction with new
thread went wrong

sorry for this rough overview, but as mentioned as a blindshot

has anyone an idea, if this problem is a collision from i.e. asyncore
and a C-Extension???

thanks for any tip

Peter
(=PA=)

And I've thought the "bloody" parts are over... fixing regex to re,
till I got my POST variables in my methods... gnaaag

I'm using Python 2.1, W2k, SWIG 1.3.6 with MS-VC6 with Multithreaded
Debugging -MTd option