[Medusa-dev] Re: XML-RPC replies silently truncated to 1024 characters

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer@nic.fr
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:45:24 +0200

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 02:29:04PM +0200,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr> wrote
 a message of 14 lines which said:

> I have an XML-RPC application, using Python, xmlrpclib 1.0b4 and
> Medusa 0.5.2, which was working fine.
>
> Suddenly, it started producing not well-formed XML, crashing clients,
> and I can see why, when running under a debugger: when the response is
> longer than 1024 characters, it is silently truncated.
>
> Where is that bug? I've searched 1024 in the various source files but
> without finding something convincing.

I've ported the application to BaseHTTPServer and it works
perfectly. Hence, it is a Medusa bug but I cannot yet tell where it
is.