[melbourne-pug] Thursday's Meeting

Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Wed Oct 19 01:16:22 CEST 2005

Mike Dewhirst wrote:

> I think the ...
>
> 	http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html
>
> ... style guide seems to be a reasonable way forward and I would be more
> interested in learning where you think it may be improved on rather than
> covering what is already there.

We have about 16 developers all working on the same Python code base, which
of course means about 16 subtly different Python coding styles. So we stick
slavishly to PEP-8 to keep things consistant and maintainable. It also keeps
the noise level down as it is easier to say 'PEP8 says two carriage returns
after a class definition' rather than 'IMO, putting extra whitespace here
makes the code more readable' and lets reviewers focus on meatier issues.

> See you there
>
> What time again?

I'm not in the country so won't be at meetings for at least the next tree
months.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/