[melbourne-pug] Python Workshops for Women and Friends

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 05:35:34 CEST 2011

On 11 July 2011 12:43, Pomke Nohkan <pomke at pomke.com> wrote:
> http://geekfeminism.org/2011/07/02/lessons-learned-from-the-boston-python-workshop-an-outreach-event-for-women/
>
> ^  This is a great write-up about an event that is/has been run a few times
> over in the US which I think is particularly awesome. I was wondering what
> interest there would be to run this here in Melbourne; interest from
> sponsors, people with venues to share, people interested in participating?

FWIW I'd be very happy to donate my time as a presenter / tutor. I
could investigate getting a space at RMIT to host if that'd help. I'm
definitely not able to organise the event though - at least not until
way after PyCon AU :-) [which women interesting in learning Python
should definitely attend!]

     Richard