[melbourne-pug] Python Workshops for Women and Friends

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 15:33:03 CEST 2011

On 11 July 2011 12:43, Pomke Nohkan <pomke at pomke.com> wrote:
> http://geekfeminism.org/2011/07/02/lessons-learned-from-the-boston-python-workshop-an-outreach-event-for-women/
>
> ^  This is a great write-up about an event that is/has been run a few times
> over in the US which I think is particularly awesome. I was wondering what
> interest there would be to run this here in Melbourne; interest from
> sponsors, people with venues to share, people interested in participating?

I would like to help run such an event too. As Richard said, after
PyCon. :) I would like to associate it with Girl Geek Dinners as well,
if possible.

I always thought it would be hard to find people to participate, but
already we have one (hi Jocelyn :)), so maybe it won't be so hard
after all.

cheers
Brianna