[melbourne-pug] Python 3 library with decision trees

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 01:27:31 CET 2013

Hi Bianca,

I would check out "sklearn", which is a "scikit" add-on for scipy. At a
glance it looks like the latest versions may support Python 3. My
experience has been with Python 2.

Kaggle have some online tutorials which include the use of sklearn for
decision trees, which might help to get started. I can send more  specific
links if you can't find them easily.

Cheers :)
-T

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Bianca Gibson <
bianca.rachel.gibson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm looking for a python 3 library that implements decision trees. I know
> how to implement them myself and have done so before, but I'll look for a
> library first.
>
> It's for a migraine trigger analysis tool. I'm thinking decision trees
> largely because non technical and often unwell users need to be able to
> reason with the findings off line, and decision trees are easy to follow.
>
> My records will have varying entries. They may be making entries about
> eating chocolate, find it's not a trigger, then stop doing so. It would be
> good to have a confidence rating on the leaves.
>
> Cheers,
> Bianca

Tennessee Leeuwenburg
http://myownhat.blogspot.com/