[melbourne-pug] Notes from tonight's MPUG meeting

dan dan.peade at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 14:45:27 CEST 2013

Another alias... purge any pyc files from your project (only useful if this
is not set
http://docs.python.org/2/using/cmdline.html#envvar-PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE):

alias delpyc='find ./ -type f -name "*.pyc" -exec rm -f {} \;'

On 3 June 2013 21:52, William ML Leslie <william.leslie.ttg at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thinking about your pygrep, I would like to share something similar
> I've been using.
>
> alias sgrep='grep -R -E --exclude-dir=.git --exclude-dir=.svn
> --exclude-dir=.hg --exclude-dir=test --exclude='\''*~'\''
> --binary-files=without-match '
>
> I entirely divorced rope since I started using this sgrep a few years
> ago.  You can make it python specific of course, but this happens to
> 'work' for most of my projects.  And of course there's ack, if you
> like that sort of thing.
>
> --
> William Leslie
>
> Notice:
> Likely much of this email is, by the nature of copyright, covered
> under copyright law.  You absolutely may reproduce any part of it in
> accordance with the copyright law of the nation you are reading this
> in.  Any attempt to deny you those rights would be illegal without
> prior contractual agreement.

Peace!
Dan

Homer's Brain: Use reverse psychology.
Homer: Oh, that sounds too complicated.
Homer's Brain: Okay, don't use reverse psychology.
Homer: Okay, I will!