[melbourne-pug] python expect

Sam Watkins sam at nipl.net
Thu Jun 6 09:24:05 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 11:36:27AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> Don't like it when I call a function and it returns twice... Very confusing.

lol, sounds confusing alright - we don't expect normal functions to behave
like fork() or setjmp()

I suggest just run actual `expect` in a subprocess.

Doing everything in one process is overrated / harmful.  It makes things
much more complex than they need to be.  Remember the UNIX way!

"This is the Unix philosophy: Write programs that do one thing and do it
well. Write programs to work together. Write programs to handle text
streams, because that is a universal interface."  -- Doug McIllroy