[melbourne-pug] Plotly: Python graphs and online command line

Matt Sundquist matt at plot.ly
Tue Nov 26 10:39:47 CET 2013

Hi Python friends in Melbourne,

Happy Tuesday! My name is Matt, and I'm a co-founder at
Plot.ly<https://plot.ly/>,
a graphing and analytics project. We just shipped a beta, and thought folks
on this list might be interested.

Plotly has a Python Shell (NumPy supported) that you can run in the
browser, and a Python graphing library available
here<https://plot.ly/api/python> that
lets you make interactive, browser-based graphs. You can also make
interactive graphs with IPython with Plotly, like
this<http://nbviewer.ipython.org/7576511> (general
documentation) and this <http://nbviewer.ipython.org/7628933> (for multiple
axes and subplots). All your graphs are stored with their data, and you can
share them with a URL, stream data to them, download them, and
collaboratively edit them online.

Our gallery is below, and the code to make the graphs is available on our
site.

We're a brand new project, so any and all help, feedback, and support is
massively appreciated. Thanks so much for any and all thoughts.

Thanks so much,
Matt

[image: Inline image 1]