[melbourne-pug] How to go about an aspect of a web app

Rasjid Wilcox rasjid at familywilcox.net
Fri Jan 17 00:57:00 CET 2014

On 16/01/2014 6:22 PM, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> On 16/01/2014 2:40pm, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
>> Being a massive web app n00b,
>
> Having been there myself well within living memory I think the best
> advice I can give is to judge the choice of webserver and framework by
> the quality of the available user support. The most important factor
> is the documentation. Running a close second is the friendliness and
> competence of the existing users who answer questions on the mailing
> lists.
>
> Based solely on that I chose Apache and Django.

That is fair enough for a 'traditional' web-application, although I
personally abandoned Django since it's ORM is (still) not able to work
with multi-part keys.

However, with the rise of Single Page Web Applications and frameworks
like AngularJS, if you are doing a SPA,I would see micro-frameworks like
Flask and Bottle as being better fits.

I think we need more information from Tennessee as to what style of web
application it is to give better feedback.  He has said however, that it
is not really database backed, so I think Django would be a poor fit in
this case.

Cheers,

Rasjid.