[melbourne-pug] PyQT 5.2 for Python 2.7 32bit Windows package

David Crisp dcrisp at netspace.net.au
Fri Jan 31 01:28:37 CET 2014

I bit the bullet and migrated my application to Python 3.3.  Was
surprisingly easy.  The only thing I was using that was not Python3
compatible was the print statements.  2to3.py fixed those up in no time
and hey presto a python3 app.  Luckily the libraries I need all support
pYthon3 as well so..  Pain level was... 0!!!! :)

I still dont entirely understand WHY they had to move from print "" to
print("") (I have to type two whole charcters more!!  over my whole
applcation thats a couple of thousand key strokes!!! How dare they! :P..)
Actually,  my only problem is muscle memory at this point.  When I type
print i instinctivly press space and type a ".

I havent started on PYQT yet but when I do my App is ready.