[melbourne-pug] Pizza volunteer(s) required

Tim Richardson tim at growthpath.com.au
Tue Mar 4 02:27:18 CET 2014

Hi as discussed with Javier, at the next meeting, I can talk about the
web2py framework (http://www.web2py.com), a python-based web framework with
an emphasis on "batteries included" and with origins as a teaching tool.
Web2py was a 2012 Infosys Technology of the Year winner, and a 2014 Edison
Awards finalist.
.
This would be a 30 minute talk and I think the technical level would be
regarded as "medium".

Questions or topics of interest in advance would be really welcome. Unless
otherwise influenced by requests, I plan to discuss the database
abstraction layer (the DAL), the request execution model, performance
tweaks (to show some flavour of how it scales), and practical use of web2py
including some of the "batteries included" features which make it so
productive.

I won't be doing a "compare and contrast" exercise, mostly because I just
don't know enough about other frameworks.

tim

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Javier Candeira <javier at candeira.com>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> My presentation tomorrow is a bit involved, and I won't have the
> mental bandwith (or the time) to deal with pizza. Any volunteers?
>
> Here's what the task entails:
>
> - Getting $10 from people who want pizza, and waiting a bit for
> stragglers, but not too much because pizza can't be late.
> - Trying to fit a good balance of cheap ($16) and nicer ($21, to $23)
> pizzas in the given budget.
> - Trying to fit the delivery time for the estimated time of the end of
> presentations
> - Putting in your CC number (or giving the money to someone on the
> Inspire9 front desk)
> - Hitting "send".
>
> Thanks,

*Tim Richardson, Director*
GrowthPath, Data-driven profit growth

Mobile: +61 423 091 732
Office: +61 3 8678 1850
I tweet useful business & IT tips at growthpath_au

GrowthPath Pty Ltd
ABN 76 133 733 963

<http://www.growthpath.com.au/>