[melbourne-pug] What's new in Python

martin schweitzer schweitzer.ubiquitous at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 02:55:27 CET 2014

I like the idea.  I think that many people on this group are already aware
of Pycoder's Weekly which is a weekly roundup of new projects, articles
etc. in Python.  It is a great publication and helps keep me up to date
with what's happening in the Python world.

In case you haven't seen or heard of it, an example from the archive is
here:
http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=9735795484d2e4c204da82a29&id=0da18b2a24

And you can sign up here: http://pycoders.com/

Regards,
Martin

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Javier Candeira <javier at candeira.com>wrote:

> Ok, so Lars is up for the May "what's new in Python, Pycon US/Montréal
> edition".
>
> Does anyone want to raise their hand for the April "what's new in Python"?

> On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Lars Yencken <lars at yencken.org> wrote:
>
>> Rotating is a good idea, ideally it should be really interactive.
>>
>> I'll be away in April: I'm fortunate to be able to attend PyCon in
>> Montreal then. I'm happy to do a "best-of" recap in May when I'm back.
>> Perhaps anyone else who's going can also chip in about their favourite
>> talks.
>>

>> On 7 March 2014 10:12, Javier Candeira <javier at candeira.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Great idea. May I also suggest that the "what's new" presenter position
>>> rotate among the attendants?
>>>
>>> I guess you just volunteered for the April session!

Martin Schweitzer
Mobile: 0412 345 938