[melbourne-pug] melbourne-pug Digest, Vol 131, Issue 8

Brian May brian at linuxpenguins.xyz
Sat May 13 07:30:07 EDT 2017

Alaa Salman <alaa at codedemigod.com> writes:

> Are you able to check if you're reaching the connection limits somehow?
> It might be that you're exhausting the pool. That's the first thing I
> would try; increase the pool size to see if it has any effect and that
> would tell me how to proceed in finding the problem.

I assume you mean server connection limits?

Hmmm. Interesting thought, testing might create one connection for each
test. Not sure. There were about 174 tests when this test was run.

I would have hoped to get a "Too many connections" error however.

Unfortunately this is a mysql server automatically setup by travis, not
sure if there is any easy way to get or change the settings. Which could
mean this is a case of tests failing due to (a) inefficient use of
sockets during the tests and (b) not enough connections in the default
travis config.

Interesting enought the tests that fail take almost 6 minutes instead of
almost 3 minutes. No idea if this somehow is the cause of the failure or
a symptom of the failure (e.g. we spend 3 minutes trying to reconnect
for same insane reason).

Also no idea why is seems to be random.
--
Brian May <brian at linuxpenguins.xyz>