[melbourne-pug] Fronius API and Python - queries about a third party module.

Matthew Wakefield matthew.wakefield at wehi.edu.au
Thu Apr 19 20:31:42 EDT 2018

Two quick comments that are not really on topic so will send directly.

Any reason not to use sunspec modbus TCP?  This would be more generic and the libraries may reflect the broader use case.

Victron code is open source and they interact a lot with Fronius. (Their controller is a raspberry pi like Linux box, but they do use hard tabs in their python code)

I have not dived into the nitty gritty yet, but after my system goes in later this quarter I plan to write some solar/battery/heating-cooling time of use charge aware code.

Matthew Wakefield
matthew at wakefield.id.au
+61 402 916 018