[PYTHON META-SIG] Re: SIGs

Barry A. Warsaw Barry A. Warsaw" <bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 13:41:27 -0400

[MAJORDOMO FOOD
 PLEASE
 IGNORE
 THIS
 CRUFT
 -BAW]

    > plus detailed instructions on how to subscribe (most people
    > don't know Majordomo commands by heart, so a little handholding
    > won't hurt :-).

I'll try to glom something up for this, and hang it off of
sigs/index.html.  Unfortunately it looks like Majordomo itself doesn't
have a nice compact end-user guide...

    > Is there any way to use majordomo to put files in the sig
    > directories?  Perhaps the sig adminstrator could, using their
    > password place files?

    > Not that I mind getting an account, but I'd have to come up to
    > speed on the one-time password stuff.

The only file that majordomo itself writes is the sig archive, and I
can direct it to put that anywhere.  However, where md feeds its files
from is pretty specifically laid out, i.e. it feeds the info files
from /home/majordomo/Lists/<topic>.info, and it feeds all other files
out of /home/majordomo/Files/<topic>/*.  So I guess its symlink
heaven, but I'm open to other suggestions.

-Barry