[PYTHON META-SIG] __doc__-string SIG?

Ken Manheimer ken.manheimer@nist.gov
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 15:49:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Aug 1995, Jim Fulton, U.S. Geological Survey wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Aug 1995 15:10:32 -0400 (EDT) Ken Manheimer said:
> > I'm thinking
> > it would be a good idea, and it would be good to take the opportunity to
> > include a plug for PSA membership along with it.  Which would mean holding
> > off until paul's efforts to compose some kind of PSA registration form is
> > done.
>
> I'd hate to hold up these two sigs.  There's some desire to get going
> with the matrix sig, which after all is a clean and fairly small task.
> We really need to get going with the gui work if we are going to be
> ready for the next workshop.

That seems fine - on thinking about it, i realize there's no need to hold
up anything.  Once the membership stuff is ready, people will be familiar
with sigs, python.org, etc, and we can start announcing the membership,
and maybe including mention of it with new service announcements...

> > I'll be interested to see what's up.  I think your questions and thoughts
> > about exposing object docstrings (and types) without generating instances
> > of the objects are important...
>
> Cool.  But there hasn't been much comment on the list.  (I did get a
> note from Don Beaudry.)  I'll post my recent experiences with an
> interim "solution" soon.

Interesting to hear sign of don beaudry - he's been real scarce since he
changed jobs, and i can't help wonder what's going to be the fate of the
ever-delayed release of his type-extension hacks...

ken
ken.manheimer@nist.gov, 301 975-3539