[PYTHON META-SIG] Next workshop?

Guido van Rossum guido@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 14:31:26 -0700

> The recent posting on comp.lang.python et al pertaining to a OOPLSA BOF
> about OO 4GLs reminded me of the idea (I think Bill Jansen) had about
> locating the next workshop in Austin to be adjacent to OOPSLA. (the last
> X conference was in Hawaii but I think that's too much to ask from CNRI;-)
>
> How about it?  I'd like that, of course since I'm sitting (sweltering)
> here in Houston.  Or has the decision already been made on D.C.?

Nothing has been decided yet, but we were strongly thinking about
doing it here (DC) since there would be three CNRI people going, and
if we did it anywhere else we would probably have to send out someone
separately ahead of time to check out the location -- another trip.
Given the PSA's current membership (I know of only one paying member)
that would be a big strain on CNRI's budget.

--Guido