[PYTHON META-SIG] Encouraging PSA membership

Ken Manheimer ken.manheimer@nist.gov
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 12:03:36 -0400 (EDT)

> Some of that could be moved to the longer message.  How about this:

> The Python Software Activity (PSA) needs your donation!
>
> Python exists thanks to the efforts of many people.  For as little as
> $50 per year, you can help the PSA coordinate those efforts by
> maintaining web, ftp and email services, organizing python workshops,
> and supporting the Python community in other ways.  See <reference>
> for more info.

Pretty good.  I still think mentioning the fact that PSA is not-for-
profit, in the intro version, is important, so people know, unequivocally,
that the message is not some kind of commercial advertising hook.
Particularly important since we are asking for money...

Eg, changing one body line:

$50 per year, you can help the nonprofit PSA coordinate those efforts by

ken