[PYTHON META-SIG] Sound-sig

Ken Manheimer klm@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 12:49:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Ken Manheimer wrote:

> Robin Friedrich wrote:
> > doc-sig is still broken as far as I can tell.  We've been trying to send
> > out the new gendoc Daniel has written but have yet to see it.
> > (Sent three times)
>
> Aargh.  I tried a test posting (after trying a few less intrusive tests),
> only to have it delivered.  I suggest you retry your post, but this time

Mike Mclay, the doc sig coordinator, notified me this morning of some
bounce notifications he's been getting for the sig.  Evidently the
messages robin was forwarding were exceeding the _hard_ 40K limit that
majordomo imposes.

I suggest in the future either forwarding large submissions directly to
the sig manager, for them to put in place using the sigs anonymous-ftp
upload mechanism (see <http://www.python.org/sigs/coordinator.html>), or
upload them to the ftp.python.org incoming directory, and i'll put them in
the sig dir when i have a moment, and leave the coordinator to link them
in.

In any case, it's not entirely appropriate to forward a software
distribution to all the members on the list, particularly when there's an
alternative - i realize this alternative is only just emerging, but it'd
be good to work with it, and iron it out if necessary, so we can depend
upon it...

Ken