[PYTHON META-SIG] RFC: TEXT-SIG

Barry A. Warsaw Barry A. Warsaw" <bwarsaw@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:51:34 -0500

There was some talk a while back about starting a TEXT-SIG for
improving the general text processing functionality of Python.
Perhaps it's main mission would be an update of the regular expression
module.  I had a little bit of time to start putting together the
infrastructure for such a list, but...

We need a champion for the list -- someone who will identify the
specific mission of the SIG, write the info document, manage
subscription problems, and hopefully do the more interesting work of
coordinating design and implementation efforts.

I think this SIG has a lot of potential, if someone will volunteer to
be the list owner (a.k.a. champion).  Any takers?

-Barry