[PYTHON META-SIG] Organized web archives of the PSA SIG mailing lists - review

Ken Manheimer klm@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 17:01:36 -0400

Hi, all.

Andrew Kuchling has been developing pipermail

	<http://www.magnet.com/~amk/python/pipermail.html>,

a python-based tool for maintaining maillist web archives, similar to
hypermail.  He has, *quite* conveniently for the PSA, contrived to
test its operation using several of the PSA SIG mailing lists as test
subjects.  He's agreed to move this out of testing and into operation,
so the PSA will have a maintained pipermail archive of its sigs
mailing lists.

What we seeking now is some judicious input about the layout,
operational details, and general aesthetics.  Take a look at:

	<http://www.magnet.com/~amk/lists/>

for a rudimentary view of the quarterly archive sections.  Currently,
the lists are divided into yearly quarters, with links to them all
collected, by quarter, in a single document.

I'll post my own, immediate suggestions, in a reply to this message.

Thanks, andrew, for putting this together!

Ken Manheimer		klm@cnri.reston.va.us	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

	# If you appreciate Python, consider joining the PSA! #
		  # <http://www.python.org/psa/>. #