[PYTHON META-SIG] OLE Sig?

Mark Hammond MHammond@skippinet.com.au
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 22:19:58 +1000

Hi all,

I'd like to propose an OLE SIG.  This SIG would deal with
implementation issues for Python and OLE.  Among its objectives would
be common modules/code for OLE calls to/from Python, and standard
techniques for dealing with OLE arguments.

This would be a fairly limited scope SIG - in fact, if I had the
resources to setup a mailing list, I would keep it off python.org.

But a few of us are starting to deal with these issues, and a few
people on the Pythonwin SIG have indicated they have some experience
with OLE - but in general the topics would be too low-level for the
general Pythonwin SIG.

If there is no string objection to this, I can draft the necessary
blurbs...

Mark.