[PYTHON META-SIG] SIG cleanup?

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 14:09:15 -0400

I know I'm supposed to be working on other stuff, but I'd like to at
least start a discussion on weeding some of the SIGs that appear
particularly idle.  My list of SIGS that could perhaps be tossed
includes:

locator -- unless Jim F's (interesting!) proposal finds a home here,
	it seems that this kind of stuff is best discussed in a
	different forum

gui -- nothing seems to be happening, so why leave it around?

db -- now that the db modules have been given away, what will become
	of them?

objc -- perhaps merge with a possible Next-related SIG?

progenv -- I'd hate to see this go, but nothing is happening...

efactory -- I can't remember the discussion to get this started, and
	the archive shows it's not really happening...

I'm not saying "toss these" -- I'm merely challenging these SIGs to
prove there's a need for them.