[PYTHON META-SIG] SIG cleanup?

Fred L. Drake fdrake@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 17:03:38 -0400 (EDT)

Ken Manheimer wrote:
> Re retirement of the progenv sig.  On one hand, it does not seem to be
> needed for any active, sustained collaborations.  On the other hand, it
> now provides a home (last changed in early september) for fred drake's
> parser module development.  If the progenv sig goes away, we should find
> another home for it - fred, any preferences, suggestions?

  Given the enormous popular response to the parser module, I'll be
the first to say I don't really care.  If there's no interest in the
SIG, it can go away.  With my own schedule, any time I invest in my
development environment will be spent doing things the way I think
they should be, and the result may not be something other people are
interested in (this is the track record...), so if there's no group to
discuss it in, it won't really matter.  Besides, there's not a lot of
time in my book for discussion.  ;-(

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.