[PYTHON META-SIG] would-be pattern-sig cont'd

Geoffrey Furnish furnish@laura.llnl.gov
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 10:08:50 -0800

Dinu Gherman writes:
 > Hello all,
 >
 > back from Easter vacation I see a bursting mailbox indicating
 > that we are moving again a little bit on the python pattern
 > issue. Marc has added to the initial proposal w/o knowing of
 > the one I sent to Barry just before last weekend. I am sorry
 > I did not spread it further. Following Barry's suggestions,
 > it's much more concise now and less fuzzy. Also, it names
 > some deliverables to head for. Read yourself below!

I like this new one a /lot/ more, mostly because it is dramatically
shorter.  However, it still contains a lot of unnecessary verbage
relating to time management and professional advice.  I would like to
see much of that chopped, just as indicated in my former post.  By
that point the charter would be getting /really/ short, so perhaps it
would be okay to actually /add/ some additional technical content.