[PYTHON META-SIG] Re: meta-pattern-sig

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 11:32:20 +0200

Hi all,
I have a proposal.

Amongst the discussion, Michael McLay wrote:

> > Ok, how do we get the code to see about doing a local installation.
> > Ken Manheimer will need to do the work, so he'll need to become
> > familiar with it.  (Part of the reason that having Jim do this might
> > be more realistic is that Ken may not have time to do this task.
> > Having Jim do it will be a freebe to the PSA, but Jim will probably
> > want to use his own code since he is familiar with it.

What about this: We could give the BSCW a trial without loading Ken
with work. I could offer to let Dinu go into my StarShip machine
and install BSCW there. We can use it for the SIG as a test horse
and decide later. Ken could use this installation as a sample,
since he will have access to the machine, also.
This would fit into the purpose of the StarShip machine which will
be announced as a dedicated Python site, good for testing purposes
before things go to python.org.

If you find this practical, let me know. The machine exists since
easter and she's idle.

cheers - chris