[PYTHON META-SIG] Re: meta-pattern-sig

Dinu Gherman Dinu Gherman <gherman@embl-heidelberg.de>
Wed, 2 Apr 97 12:59:06 +0100

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> >  > Well, we might agree on some common subject prefix, to easily
> >  > recognize the postings, say [META-PATTERN-SIG] ?!
> >
> > That would be fine.
>
> Ok, then we can start doing some real work now. Hmm. First assignment:
> gather all hints, tricks, etc. you can find around the net and post
> them under the subject '[META-PATTERN-SIG] hints and tricks' !

Not sure this prefix will work on news. It requires quite some
discipline by those who start a thread. I tried establishing this
as common practice on some mailing lists, but even there it did
not work anymore after a short while... Also, somebody has to
introduce/explain the 'concept' on news...

We'll see. So we're going to flood the mother of all Python
sources? ;-)

BTW, did you notice: it's getting complicated to handle the would-be-
PATTERN-SIG-interests (partly on other lists) and PYTHON-META-SIG and
'META-PATTERN-SIG' addresses...?

Dinu