[PYTHON META-SIG] FW: request to archive mailing lists

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 13:53:45 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Before replying to this, I think it should probably be an "all or
> > nothing" thing. All our lists should be subscribed, or none. My vote is
> > all the lists get subscribed.

Me too - i agree that we should have most of the lists available to
InReference, certainly excluding python-help, just as we do with
findmail.com.

Question is, what about psa-members?  I kinda like the idea of making
the traffic on psa-members available to non-members via the archivers,
but only available via direct subscription to actual PSA members.  Would
seeing the traffic only after it's been delivered to members be more or
less incentive to join?  Or is the psa-members list supposed to be a
members-only channel for top-secret stuff?  (Yeah, right.)  What do
others think?

> Mine too.  BTW this looks like a direct competitor of Scott Hassan's
> FindMail.  What happened to that?

Findmail is in operation, in fact, we employ it's services on the
locator and sig pages.  But it still seems to not quite be a published,
public utility.  Don't know what the situation is...

Ken Manheimer		klm@cnri.reston.va.us	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

	# If you appreciate Python, consider joining the PSA! #
		  # <http://www.python.org/psa/>. #