[PYTHON META-SIG] FW: request to archive mailing lists

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 14:39:24 -0500

> Question is, what about psa-members?  I kinda like the idea of making
> the traffic on psa-members available to non-members via the archivers,
> but only available via direct subscription to actual PSA members.  Would
> seeing the traffic only after it's been delivered to members be more or
> less incentive to join?  Or is the psa-members list supposed to be a
> members-only channel for top-secret stuff?  (Yeah, right.)  What do
> others think?

It is not a public mailing list and should not be archived this way.
Anyway, nothing important happens there so it's not worth spending
much time on.

> > Mine too.  BTW this looks like a direct competitor of Scott Hassan's
> > FindMail.  What happened to that?
>
> Findmail is in operation, in fact, we employ it's services on the
> locator and sig pages.  But it still seems to not quite be a published,
> public utility.  Don't know what the situation is...

In fact, it seems they've got only a small set of lists archived so
far...  Sounds like someone stopped working on it.