[PYTHON META-SIG] forwarded message from Quyen Lam

Barry A. Warsaw majordomo-owner@python.org
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 18:05:29 -0400

This is a forwarded message, MIME encapsulation.

--LBbd9kiJwQ5P5XoHxF0DsdcFAvKwwxTXPHv7qZ6i

From: Quyen Lam <qxl@reference.com>
To: majordomo-owner@python.org
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 14:42:51 -0700

Hi,

> I am the Majordomo manager of the Python Software Activity (PSA)
> mailing lists, distributed by the python.org domain.  Several of our
> mailing list owners have received messages requesting that their lists
> be archived by InReference.  Note that each of our mailing lists is
> managed separately by that list's "champion".  I manage the
> infrastructure that these lists live in.
>
> The PSA supports your efforts to archive our lists, so to make life
> easier for you, we've compiled the set of currently active mailing
> lists that we'd like you to archive.  All of these lists are
> accessible @python.org and all have the standard Majordomo
> configuration.  Please feel free to begin archiving these lists at
> your earliest convenience.
>
> We've also been keeping raw archives of all past traffic on these
> lists.  Your archives would be more complete if they contained this
> historical information, so we'd like those files available to you as
> well.  Actually, you can already get all these archives via Majordomo
> or ftp, but if this isn't convenient for you, let us know and we'll
> arrange another way for you to get these old archives.
>
> Thanks very much.  If you have any questions or problems feel free to
> active so we can make the appropriate announcements.

Thank you for your positive response.  Our system is not set-up to backtrack
and archive past messages and reflect the original posting dates.  However,
all messages sent to the subscription address, different for each list, will
be archived.  So in this case, it is might/might not be beneficial to archive
past messages.

And I will notify you and the individual list owner when the lists are
archived.

--
   Quyen
   InReference Staff.

--LBbd9kiJwQ5P5XoHxF0DsdcFAvKwwxTXPHv7qZ6i--