[PYTHON META-SIG] Re: Python Software Activity Mailing Lists

Barry A. Warsaw majordomo-owner@python.org
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 18:04:52 -0400

    You> Thank you for your positive response.  Our system is not
    You> set-up to backtrack and archive past messages and reflect the
    You> original posting dates.

Hmm, the archives are just one big Unix mail format file with all the
original messages and headers appended.  All the information is in the
file, so if you grok individual email messages you should be able to
grok the big file (or just split it and feed each individual file to
your indexer).

    You> However, all messages sent to the subscription address,
    You> different for each list, will be archived.  So in this case,
    You> it is might/might not be beneficial to archive past messages.

I still think it would be beneficial but you might not be set up for
it yet.  Hopefully someday you will and then we can arrange to get you
the old files.

    You> And I will notify you and the individual list owner when the
    You> lists are archived.

Cool, thanks.

-Barry