[META-SIG] Terminating comatose SIGs

Greg Stein (Exchange) gstein@exchange.microsoft.com
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 19:54:10 -0800

Having a time limit is quite fine with me. Yes, I am one of the
advocates of the close-to-dead thread-sig, but I also agree with the
assessment - kill the ones that go nowhere.

It is a bit frustrating to throw out a proposal of a few things for the
SIG to do and get zero replies. Quite sad, in fact.

In any case, once 1.5 is out the door and I actually manage to find some
time to deal with it, I want to release a new set of threading patches.
Hopefully, we can start up some discussions around that.

Regardless, I'd appreciate an extension :-). Let's say it's dead on May
1 unless significant progress is occurring. That gives us four months to
do something.

Thx
-g