[META-SIG] ThreadSIG

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@CNRI.Reston.Va.US (Barry A. Warsaw)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:08:57 -0400

The infrastructure for the ThreadSIG is in place.  I've slightly
condensed Guido's draft mission statement into the SIG information
that gets sent when you subscribe.  To view it, send the word `info'
in the body of a message to thread-sig-request@python.org.

The Web infrastructure isn't up yet.  Ken usually does this and I
tried to run his scripts but had some problems.  He's out today but
we'll get that straightened out ASAP.

Please don't announce the formation of the SIG yet.  I need to
coordinate a few things with Greg, and once that's done, he'll have
the pleasure of announcing the SIG to the world.

-Barry