[PYTHON META-SIG] Re: Local usergroup meeting

Andrew Kuchling amk@magnet.com
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 19:18:09 +6700 (EST)

Michael McLay wrote:
> What did you think of the idea of having the first discussion being
> focused on creating a Python based scientific programming framework?

	I'd be very interested in that topic, since it could
potentially motivate improvements in packaging, documentation, and
probably some technical areas as well.

> volunteered the first meeting will probably be sometime between April 15th
> and May 15th at the Bethesda Public Library from 6:30-8:00.  They

	That would be fine for a carless person like me.  I wonder how
many people will be able to stay around after 8 PM, since CNRI and
Digital Creations people would have a sizable distance to go.  (Magnet
people can *always* stay for beer. :) )

> What do you think?  Can we use the last two paragraphs as an
> announcment to the full newgroup?  Please makes additions or
> corrections that would be appropriate.

	As an introduction, they seem fine.  You'll have to give
directions to the library for both cars and public transit, though.
And are there limits on how many people the meeting room can handle?
(Arguably there wouldn't be more than 20 people attending, and
probably more like 10.)  Go for it!

	Andrew Kuchling
	amk@magnet.com
	http://people.magnet.com/%7Eamk/