[META-SIG] Terminating comatose SIGs again

Guido van Rossum guido@cnri.reston.va.us
Tue, 03 Feb 1998 14:28:56 -0500

Last December, I threatened that some clearly comatose SIGs would be
terminated unless they showed some new signs of life.

Some SIGs did show signs of life, or at least put up some resistance.
However, the following SIGs are still comatose.  I will terminate
these within a week unless I receive strong objections.

	locator-sig
	pattern-sig
	progenv-sig
	web-sig

I looked at recent traffic, and decided that the plot-sig may still
have some life in it; the objc-sig clearly has some life, and for the
the C++-sig and thread-sig, the SIG owners have requested additional
time.  These SIGs (and all others except for the meta-sig) will be
re-evaluated in half a year.

The archives for the terminated sigs will remain accessible; they will
be collected on a separate page of "past SIGs".