[META-SIG] Is spam getting you down

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:03:55 -0500 (EST)

A small clarification of yesterday's message about the new python.org
mailing lists spam filter - the filter is engaged for all python.org
sigs, not just the meta-sig!  I had said:

> stupid that i HAD to try it!  And you know what?  My life will NEVER
> be the SAME!  I am so grateful for this wonderful new change that i
> have to share the secret with EVERYONE IN THE WORLD!
>
> Well, maybe just the meta-sig, for now.-)
>
> Seriously, i've hacked majordomo with what should reject a lot of the

The "just the meta-sig" applied to where i sent my announcement, not
where i applied the hack.  The hack is engaged on every majordomo list
on python.org, which includes all the public ones.  So far there are no
signs of trouble.

Ken