Impending massive python.org maillists switchover to mailman

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 13:52:32 -0500 (EST)

After a little bit more development and testing i'm going to be
switching over all the remaining python.org maillists to mailman.  For
those of you that are list administrators, you will soon (possibly
tomorrow) be getting a message describing your "new" list - it won't
actually be active, the old majordomo will still be the operating one.
This will give you a chance to acquaint yourself with the interface
and explore a bit, and see about customizing the list description via
the interface.

Soon after i will be shifting over the members - though the posting
address will stay the same, they will be getting welcome notices
informing them about their password and the interfaces for reviewing
and changing their subscription options (as you did when i switched
over meta-sig).  You may want to give them a heads-up about this, and
check your own options to see what options they will have.  I will
send another notice before switching over the users and putting the
new lists into full commission...

How exciting!-)

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, etc.

Ken Manheimer		  klm@python.org	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

		   # Thanks for joining the PSA!  #
		    # http://www.python.org/psa/ #