[meta-sig] YES: comp.lang.python.announce passed! :-)

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 13:11:29 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 7 Mar 1998, Markus Fleck wrote:

> Hooray - it's finally there! :-)

Ok!

> To: Andrew Kuchling
>
> Hi Andrew!
>
> I hope that you're the right person to help with the mail
> aliases for c.l.py.a. The results have only just been posted,
> and there is a mandatory 5-day period before the group will
> be created. Thus, in the next few days the following mail
> aliases resp. mailing lists should be created:

Markus, i'm the one to talk to.  I'll create the mail list and add the
addresses you mention as list managers, you'll be seeing a "welcome to
your new list" message about it shortly.

> [...]
> There should also be a web archive for all c.l.py.a postings
> somewhere at www.python.org.

An archive comes with the maillist.  Currently the archives are public
or disabled - perhaps public is ok in this case.  In any case, the next
item on our agenda for mailman/pipermail is provision for private
archives, which we hope to have going, as time allows, in the next week
or two.

> I wonder if the c.l.py.a gateway should reside at python.org
> or go with the other gateway at cwi.nl. What do you think?

I do not know - i have not played with a news to mail gateway, and i do
not handle the news provisions here, so it might be better to base the
gateway elsewhere.

I'm glad to see comp.lang.python.announce launching!  Contact me
directly so we can iron out any details...

Ken Manheimer		  klm@python.org	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

		   # Thanks for joining the PSA!  #
		    # http://www.python.org/psa/ #