[meta-sig] XML-SIG: Mission statement

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:45:38 -0500

Comments?  (I've pushed the wrap-up date back to September, but not
too far back; time is of the essence if we don't want Java and Perl to
eat our lunch.  That date can always be extended if we're not finished
by then, of course.)

XML-SIG: A Special Interest Group for XML Processing in Python

This list has been created to provide a forum for discussion and
implementation of the tools needed to make Python an excellent choice
for XML processing.

XML is the 'Extensible Markup Language', a data format for structured
document interchange.  It seems to have considerable momentum behind
it, and will assume progressively greater importance over the next few
years.  With appropriate software packages, documentation, and a bit
of publicity, Python could become the premier language for XML
processing.  The goal of this SIG is to decide what software is
required for this purpose, and coordinate its implementation and
documentation.

About this list:  <subscribe/unsubscribe information>

Wrap-up date: September 1998.

This date may be extended if the SIG community decides that more work
is required.

A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Shadwell hated all southerners and, by inference, was standing at the North
Pole.
	-- Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, _Good Omens_