[meta-sig] The "distutils" SIG: name

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 23:09:11 +0100

Greg Ward wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 24, 1998 at 11:58:12AM +0000, Edward Welbourne wrote:
> > just a suggestion ...
> >
> > distribution-sig, distrib-sig, dist-sig
>
> Any comments?  I'm interpreting the thundering silence over my proposed
> charter to mean, "Yeah, get on with it already", so if I don't hear
> anything soon then I will just get on with it.'

That's the was to go :-)

Note that I want to disturb your discussion. After all it's the
meta-sig, so it's the right place for it, but....

Aside:

I have some tools that I use regularly
for publishing my stuff. It's basically two things: a tool to
print the package structure and another one to fish out the
distribution files and zip/tar/whatever them into an uploadable
format. And there's also a PackageTools module that allows
to dynamically figure out information about installed packages.

If you're interested in those, I'll put them on Starship.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 401 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :