[meta-sig] Re: [Types-sig] The Types-SIG is comatose. Let's retire it.

mengx@nielsenmedia.com mengx@nielsenmedia.com
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:52:33 -0500 (EST)

Perhaps this proved trying to (optionally) adding TYPEs to python language
itself to  be unpopular. At the start of this list, I suggested to embed
type hints inside doc string, or some other non-breaking methods which
only requires python engine implementation changes instead of adding new
keywords or symbols to the code. Or instead of diving into uncertain
langauge research, accept and enhance CXX to ease the extension writing,
which may solve many issues related to the need of TYPED python

Thanks

-Ted Meng