[meta-sig] The Types-SIG is comatose. Let's retire it.

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 00:58:48 -0500

[Guido]
> It's time for the twice yearly ritual of looking for comatose SIGs.
> The types-sig hasn't had traffic since August (4 messages) and in all
> of 1999 it has only has 12 messages.
>
> Type-sig, what do you have to say for yourself?

The Types-SIG was very active at its inception; indeed, I still have 142 old
Types-SIG msgs in my inbox I haven't yet read!

Note that the traffic dropped to essentially nothing several weeks after you
(Guido) posted your own last msg to it.  I don't think that's coincidence.
You were an active initial participant, and when you dropped out most of us
likely figured you had some other ideas in mind for Python2 and there was
little point to proceeding without you.

So, like everything else that goes wrong in the Python world, it was
entirely Gordon McMillan's fault <wink>.

I'd kill the SIG due to lack of activity.  I'm sure interest in the topics
remains high among many, though ("Types SIG"-related debates have continued
non-stop on c.l.py).

taking-no-more-from-this-than-that-a-successful-sig-needs-a-
    focused-charter-ly y'rs  - tim