[Types-sig] RE: [meta-sig] The Types-SIG is comatose. Let's retire it.

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 18:15:26 +0100

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Paul, do you want to be the head honcho for the reborn types SIG?  You
> seem to have the right ideas, and you're the only one so far who has
> spoken up to keep it alive.  I doubt that anyone else will volunteer,
> so if you don't, we will retire the SIG.  I'll give you till June 2000
> (the same expiration date as for other SIGs) to show that there's life
> in the subject.

Okay, I'd like to keep the place alive as well. I'll endeavor contribute
by replying to Paul's messages, or anybody else who posts here.

(I was actually quite excited to suddenly discover my types-SIG mailbox
had lots of new messages in it :).

Perhaps I'll get more time to actually work on these issues next year.
Then my only thing lacking is actual knowledge and experience, but I can
work on that. :)

Regards,

Martijn