[meta-sig] SIG Proposal (was 2d drawing system)

Andy Robinson andy@robanal.demon.co.uk
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:48:53 GMT

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:09:39 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time), you wrote:

>As plot-sig 'owner', I welcome this discussion in the PLOT-SIG, if you
>choose to have it there.
>
>--david

Sounds fine to me, but I worry a bit about the name.  'Plot-SIG' says
'Charts' loud and clea, which is why I had never joined.  I am
interested in an engine for printed output from Python - obviously
page previews count too!.  This could encompass rendering HTML and
XML; database table libraries; automatic printing of sets of
management accounts; and possibly high-volume reporting.  Plotting is
one part of this, and I'd certainly love to have plot libraries
available as part of the larger context.

If enough people have an interest this broad, is it worth broadening
the name of the SIG?

Of course, one of my reasons for piping up now is to put enough
pressure on myself to actually get pdfgen out the door!

- andy