[meta-sig] IDE Sig

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 02:47:43 -0500

[Riaan Booysen]
> I would like to add my yes vote for an IDE sig.
> I'm sure more interest in this will be generated just by starting
> such a SIG.
>
> If this is not going to happen (yet), where would be the place for
> discussing such issues? On edu-sig because of IDLE?

Definitely not the Edu-SIG -- except in that a high-level discussion
specifically relates to Python IDEs in education.  The majority of postings
on that SIG "should be" from teachers (however loosely defined).

comp.lang.python is the only natural existing home for it.  Such discussions
have taken place there before, but attracted little participation.  Stick
[IDE] in the subject line and see whether that's changed <wink>.

would-personally-give-an-ide-sig-a-shot-ly y'rs  - tim