[meta-sig] Re: [XML-SIG] Proposing a web services SIG

Thu, 3 May 2001 00:53:07 +0200

> Well, all very well, and I can go either way on new SIG vs. just use
> XML-SIG, but does anyone know how to expeditiously go about creating
> a Python SIG?  I suppose it involves some magic incantations on the
> meta-SIG, but I don't know the current state-of-the-SIGS.

I just asked to close three of them, so it is probably time to fill
the empty space :-)

In any case, I think Rich's proposal is missing an expiration/review
date for the SIG, yet. Traditionally, SIGs used to expire after one
(?) year (after which they could be extended), but with the little
review they get after that time, reviewing them every two years is
probably as fine.

In any case, this is all meta-sig business.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. There is also the issue of the SIG web pages. I'm still looking
for comments on whether they ought to live in the Python CVS, or in a
separate SF project (which check-in-permissions for all SIG
coordinators).